MARTHA PRESTON

Click here to return to the Home page.

To contact Martha, send her an email.

"All things about flowers have always fascinated me and I can never get enough of their beautiful colours, structures and perfumes. Watercolours of flowers I see in my home, in my garden or on my travels are my path to art therapy. I'm fairly new to this medium and found myself devoting more time to it during Covid-19 lockdown. I'm inspired every day by nature's beauty and will continue taking my camera everywhere and growing in this wonderful art of watercolours."

Please note:
Martha uses a high quality pure white watercolour paper for her work.  As a result, her images appear to have a grey background.  This is caused by the way light reflects off the paper into the camera. 

NEW IMAGE


Autumn scene
Watercolour, framed.  Details to come


PREVIOUS LISTINGS


Poppies Unfolding
22" X 30", watercolour, framed. Not for sale.


Sun-kissed Poppies
Exterior size 16" X 20". It can be framed with a double mat and the image will be 10" X 13", watercolour, 
$200 - SOLD


Tulips in a Vase 
Inspired by the tulips on my table that were opening up and dropping their petals. 
9"x12", watercolour, unmatted $200 


Red Poppies
One of my favourite flower subjects blooming in my garden.
9"x12", watercolour, unmatted $200


Brown-Eyed Susans
This was inspired by a trip to Manitoulin Island. Everyday I would go for very long walks and everywhere I looked the gardens were filled with these sunny beauties and their brown centred buttons.
6" X 4", archival watercolour paper and professional watercolour paints, $95


Morning Glory
Growing in my garden. I would watch these beauties open up every morning and I could see how the morning light fell into the hollow of the flowers. The light creates an illuminating pink that makes them appear transparent.
6" X 4", archival watercolour paper and professional watercolour paints, $95


Peonies, Peonies 
These are my favourite flower. They start out like ping pong balls and magically open up to 3-4 sizes larger than the bud and reveal their never ending layers of petals. Some varieties are not only beautiful to the eye but perfume the entire room with a heady rose-like scent. I’m inspired by the many peonies growing in the home gardens throughout Cabbagetown.
9" X 12", archival watercolour paper and professional watercolour paints, $200



Not sure what to paint 
I splattered lots of colours and found some of my favourite flowers in line-and-wash.
11" X 8", archival watercolour paper and professional watercolour paints, $200


Click here to return to the Home page.

For more information about Martha's art and for sales, send her an email.